Friday 17 July 2015

The Wanderlust is Real

So I understand that there are a lot of different types of people in this world. There are those people that are so content with who they are and where they are that they couldn't imagine being anywhere else or doing anything differently. And that is totally cool, each to their own. But, then there are those people that are just itching to explore the world, meet new people and discover new things. Lets just say thats me. I dream of travelling the world. Call me what you may; gypsy, dreamer, nomad whatever I just want to travel!
I think its been something I have wanted to do since I was really young, I LOVE cities. Everything about them fascinates me. The hustle and bustle of the traffic. The hecticness of the public transport. The different aromas you smell as you walk down the street. The lights at night time, and the fact that everyone is in their own little bubble of life, they are totally absorbed in. I just think its amazing.
Late last year I was able to experience this for the first time. I know, for someone so passionate about travelling I haven't done much of it at all. But, some friends and I went to Melbourne. Lets just say it was one of the most amazing weeks of my life. It was everything I had imagined and better.
It was the Thursday morning, we got up early and grabbed a coffee. We sat of some seats on the side of the main street in Melbourne city. It was the most amazing feeling. I was looking around at everyone walking past, some where rushing to work, others where laughing and enjoying themselves.
Then it occurred to me why I love the city so much. You look around and see so many people and you just think it is amazing how many individuals are in this city, how many unique lives are contained in such a small space. People are falling in love, getting married. Discovering things for the first time, creating art. Studying for exams, getting their hair cut, trying to make a living and trying to spend it. Some are creating memories, others are trying to forget them. Behind the walls some are being born and others are growing old and dying, leaving others to mourn. Its happening all the time, going totally unnoticed, and thats what I think is the most amazing of all. 
So, my passion to get out there and see the world is uncontainable, if you feel like this don't let anything stop you from doing what your heart is telling you. Following your heart is one of the most amazing things you could do.

No comments: