Sunday 29 June 2014

Do What You Love

Wow! Hey guys its been a while.... Iv'e been telling myself to write a blog post for a while now. But Im finally doing it! Yay! Ive been really sick lately with the flu and stuff but I'm all better now!!
So, I've had this topic on my mind for a while and I've been trying to think of an amazing way to write about it and do it justice.... but I'm totally blank. So I'm just going to sit down, write and hope it comes out somewhat structured and not crappy.
So, where to start...
Ok, Ive been doing research for my Art assignment over the last few weeks because I had no idea what i was going to do, like I said my mind is dead. The way it works at my school is we are given a concept, for this term it was "MyTime" and we can build off that in any way we want. I was thinking more along the lines of- What will I do with my time, like what will I accomplish or how will I make a difference. So, I Googled it, cause thats what I do, and I stumbled across a speech by Allan Watts called "What would you do if money was no object?". Let me tell you it is probably one of the most relevant and amazing speech i have ever heard. It basically describes me and my thoughts at this point in my life. I won't put the whole speech on here but I will quote some parts. I Will leave a link to the Youtube video at the bottom. I want you to watch the speech below first before you read on because then we will be on the same page. Don't worry its not long, only a few minutes and its totally worth it.

Amazing right?
Even though this speech was created years ago, it applies now. To every person going through school and trying to figure out who they are and where they want to go in life. That moment in life where you have to choose, do you want to live your life doing things you don't like in order to go on doing things you don't like, or take the risk and spend your life doing things you love trusting that you will make it. It is true we go through life getting taught and teaching our kids that its alright to do things you hate as long at it gives you the money to buy things, have a big house, financial security and the latest gadgets. Its wrong. We should just live in the moment. Doing what we love. As long as we have the money to keep doing what we love. Our life is short, why waste it on doing things you hate and making sure you have money in your savings.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad thing to have a secure job. As long as its something you love. If you love being a doctor and saving lives, working as a teacher empowering future generations, working in an office, acting or sport, just do it. Never let anyone tell you that you otherwise you will live a sad life.
I am going through this struggle at the moment and so are a lot of kids my age. Do they waste years of their life going to Uni or doing things that make them want to poke their eyes out with a toothpick or do they go against what we are taught and live like everyone else. Or do we try to excel at the things we love in hope of creating a career out of it.
I really want to motivate you guys to do what you love. Don't do things for other people. Its your life, you are the one that has to live it not anyone else. Everyone has different opinions on what they think is right and wrong, good and bad or fun and boring. Only YOU can decide what you love and when you know don't let anyone stop you from doing it. I can tell you if everyone in history didn't do what they loved, were passionate about and believed in, the world would be a really boring place.
Remember, keep doing what makes you happy, don't watch your life waste away, seize the moment and live how you want to and trust that it will take you places. I guarantee you it will.

I hope you guys liked this, i found another really cool edit of the speech which is linked Here

No comments: